Tuesday, March 1, 2022

END OF AUGUST 2019 - Jason’s Boulders Trip & Thayne’s Passing

We celebrated Tyson’s birthday with a family dinner.






Becky Bule invited me and the kids to a day trip to Tibble Fork. It was so fun. I am so thankful to new friends who put themselves out there to make us feel welcome and to help us make new friends!

We had Back-to-School Night at Dry Creek Elementary. I was so grateful to Charlie’s new second grade teacher. After filling out a questionnaire she sent explaining that Charlie was new and very anxious, she reached out and invited Charlie and I to come for a personal visit to meet her and take a private tour of the classroom. That was the perfect response from a great teacher and made all the difference for Charlie to feel comfortable with going to back to school night! Much love to Mrs. Penafiel for giving that special love and attention to Charlie!




On the first day of school, Charlie was nervous and sad, but he came home all smiles and had a great day! That is so heartwarming as a mother!






We continued to explore more and more of the Jordan River trail with Colson and Jonah while Charlie was at school. 

Jason took a fishing trip to the Boulders with Parker for the weekend. While he was gone we took a McDonald’s picnic to a park we had never been to, Neptune Park. The boys loved it! We were excited to come back and show Dad sometime. Charlie called it the Lord Triangle Park because it had a massive pyramid that you could climb on. The boys played with others on the electronic playground game. I am always so thrilled to see the boys take courage and play with kids they have never met. That night I let Charlie and Colson stay up a little later watching a movie and they were so excited! They said I was the best mom and they were so happy! They even started giving me gifts and treasures the next day because they were so thankful! It was adorable. On Saturday, we picked up donuts and took a bike ride on the Jordan River Trail (the boys biked and I pushed Jonah in the stroller). We met up with Camry and Kim for dinner at Pizzeria Limone and then they came over to our house and we ate Crumbl Cookies. When the boys were in bed, Camry, Kim and I played Splendor. It was lots of fun! On Sunday, we relaxed, went to church, made breadsticks, and waited for Jason to get home. 


Now we get a glimpse of Jason's fishing trip. In his own words:

“We had a great trip to the Boulders - It was just Parker and me.  We took my truck, and hauled Parkers 4 wheeler up there.  We camped at the spot just past the typical turn in, and camped near the stream on the left.  We hit up the usual lakes: Beaver Dam, Fishcreek, and this time we wanted to try a spot that I had never been to, Honeymoon.  Parker had been there before.  Its a weird hike in, with no distinguished trail, and with how thick the trees are, its easy to get turned around.  Parker had told me its an awesome little pond with massive tiger trout.  We hiked up there, and brought with us our float tubes - no easy task.  When we got there, I was amazed at how clear the water was, and also how big the fish were.  We could easily see them as we kicked our way around the lake.  However, my experience with clear calm waters, is that fish are very very picky and fly shy.  We didn't have any good hits or land any big tigers.  They would come and examine the fly from about 6 inches away, and then turn 180 degrees and swim off.  

 



There was a brook trout that I saw when we first showed up that was near shore.  It wasn't massive, but it was very colored up.  I tried at it for quite some time with no luck at all.  I went off and fished for more tigers, and eventually made my way back.  I tried a different colored jig than before, orange and green with a gold head, BAM, the second that thing hit the water the brook slammed it.  Fish on.  It was awesome, and I got some great pics.  

 







I liked Honeymoon because it was very secluded, and not a lot of people go there.  The fish were spawning at Fish Creek by the inlet, and there were tons of fish.  We caught quite a few splake and brookies. We had a good trip, and caught some great fish. Every trip there, we learn something new, or a different technique on how to target the fish.  Its definitely a favorite place of mine, and although I prefer fishing in rivers and streams, I love the high mountain lakes of the Boulders and the variety of fish that can be caught.”









Jonah’s glasses came in! He did SO MUCH BETTER than we thought! I thought we were in for a long haul training session with him that might take weeks! There was initial resistance from Jonah that only lasted about five minutes, but then Jason walked around with him and Jonah must have noticed how much better he could see and has basically kept them on ever since! We are so relieved! Plus he looks so cute! Way to go Jonah!


Colson met his new preschool teacher. Since we moved, we could no longer just go next door to Miss Laura’s Preschool. We LOVED her and were sad to be moving on from her. But we were happy to get a recommendation from my friend from PG of a lady who was in my new ward, Miss Heather Haunga. We were so glad to find a spot for Colson before we moved. Needless to say, with Charlie already heading to school, Colson was very anxious to start himself. He didn't actually start class until September.

Charlie started fall soccer. Thanks to a recommendation from a neighbor, we signed the boys up for North Utah County Soccer (NUCS). We were very happy to see that there were three other boys from the ward on his team! That started a good friendship with some of those boys, helped ease him into the new soccer team and the new ward, and led to future team-ups.


I went to the Ashton Gardens with Nancy, Colson, and Jonah.


My cousin, Thayne Arbon, was killed in a motorcycle accident on August 29, 2019 in American Fork leaving his neighborhood for work at Podium. He was 29 years old. He was riding his motorcycle when a minivan made a left hand turn in front of him; they had not seen him. He was basically killed instantly because of head trauma. There is so much I could say about this, but we were all completely blindsided by this. I was devastated and completely consumed with sadness. I suddenly had to face what I truly believed. I cried a lot. I pleaded to God a lot. I spoke with Jason a lot. I grew a lot. I was thankful for help from many places, and finally ended up in a place of higher understanding, hope, and faith. 


He left behind his beautiful wife, Veronica.

I was happy that I already had a temple night planned with my PG girlfriends. I was able to mourn with them and feel peace in the temple. 

We had a fun getaway to the Spencer’s cabin with Mike and Kait. We had dinner at Five Guys, hot tubed, rode the four wheelers, watched movies, and relaxed. Jason and I always love it, and I love how much my boys love it. 

and who could forget the excitement of harvesting from our new yard!

life is pretty great here...


No comments:

Post a Comment