Friday, December 13, 2013

Working From Home

On October 1st, I started a new job. I wasn’t looking for a job, but it kind of fell in my lap and it made sense. A sister in my ward sent out a note in Relief Society letting them know of a job opportunity for people wanting to work from home on their own schedule. The job is at Pinnacle Quality Insight as a Home Interviewer. I figured I might as well look into it a bit more. The sister who recommended it had been doing it for a couple years and loved the flexibility: being able to work while the kids were napping.

So in September, I was interviewed and hired, and began my training the first of October. It was kind of exciting to enter the workforce again (in a strange way). I call residents and loved ones of residents who live (or recently lived) at a nursing home/assisted living facility. I complete a survey with them over the phone, and I am paid per survey. I can make calls anytime during the day between the hours of 9 AM and 8 PM. It is great! As soon as I put Charlie down for his nap, I rush downstairs to complete as many surveys as I can before he wakes up. Shortly after I started this job, Charlie moved to one nap a day (which kind of stinks since I was counting on two different working times during the day), but I made things work. It is nice because they give me a workload based on what works for me. They have a minimum requirement of surveys they ask for, but that hasn’t been a problem. So at the end of the day, I end up working two hours a day (for about 15-20 days of the month) and make an extra $300 or so dollars. I imagine after the holidays, I may be able to increase my workload. Since Charlie is napping during this time, it is time that I would be at home anyways. Yes, the house doesn’t get as clean and some of my other projects are getting less attention (like this blog), but the extra cash goes a long way with Christmas presents and saving up for a future house.

So we will see how it goes. It is something that I could easily stop if things get too difficult, but things seem pretty smooth sailing right now and worthwhile. If any of you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment