Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jason Turns 28

Man, it really is crazy how each year that number gets closer to 30!


The Sunday before his birthday, we met up with the Gruber clan. This year we went to the Grubers in Riverton for dinner so that Max, April, and Alex could go to Alex’s Baptism Preview (or whatever it is called) and we could be there with Mya, Elsa, and Greta. We had a yummy dinner of lasagna, breadsticks, salad, etc. We had fun dancing around with the kids while Max, April, and Alex were gone. When they got back, we had cake and presents. For cake, Jason requested my mom’s delicious oatmeal cake (always a hit, especially with Karl).

Yeah, my ghetto candle version of "28"...I always forget to buy candles. 







On Jason’s actual birthday, I started the day by making a pancake breakfast (including bacon, eggs, and hash browns). Jason had work during the day, and when he got back I surprised him by taking him out. Since Charlie was going to be with us, we planned on going somewhere for pizza and then coming home with a Redbox. The day before his birthday, my mom called me and surprised me by offering to watch Charlie the next night while we went out. I was thrilled. So we drove to Draper to drop Charlie off. Then we headed for dinner at Pier 49. Man, they have such great pizza! I especially love their Knob Hill pizza. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive. Oh well, it is nice for more “special” occasions. After dinner we headed to Sandy Movies 9….classy, I know. But we both wanted to see Enders Game before it left theaters, and so the dollar theater was our only option. We had both read Enders Game, so it was a movie we definitely wanted to see. It was great! A really entertaining movie!

Dropping Charlie off at my parents, before putting him to bed:




Oh no, it's a ghost baby! He loves doing that!

He still loves that blanket from Aunt Annette!


At Pier 49



The next Sunday, we had a birthday celebration with the Arbons. We had a tasty roast beef dinner complete with heavenly potatoes and the works. For cake, I made a delicious boston cream pie. I have made this cake a couple of times, trying to get it just right. I haven’t perfected it yet, but it is getting a lot better...and I think I know what I need to do next time to make it all the better. As expected, Jason got to choose the game we would play. He chose Cashflow, and we had a great time.




Happy Birthday, Jason! Twenty-eight never looked so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment