Tuesday, February 4, 2020

ARBON CAMPING 2018



The day after Alpine Days, our little family was packed up again for another adventure. This time we were headed to the Spruces for camping with my family. Those who were able to come this year were my parents, Kim and Kyle, Bryan, Marc and Andrea’s family, and Dan. Camping at the Spruces is always a lot of fun and our kids love it! We were there Monday night through Wednesday morning. 




Marc and Andrea also had a nearly two month old with them (Brinley).


It was the cutest thing! When Jason went to the river to fish, Colson grabbed his camp chair, carried it all the way back to the river, set it up, sat down, and started patiently watching Jason fish. It was so adorable! He loves fishing with Dad and watching him fish.


This year we had Jonah, who was two months old. This reminded me of camping with Charlie when he was the same age, except I was glad to have Jason with me. Jason was not on a surfing trip to Nicaragua. I do believe with Charlie, every evening my mom would drive down the canyon with me and Charlie where we slept in Draper and then returned to the campers the next morning. We were nervous how Jonah might sleep at night this year because he was still waking up a couple times in the night. Our plan had been to have me sleep in the back of the van with him. But luckily things worked out alright each night without that. He would fall asleep with us by the campfire, either in our arms or swinging in the car seat. If he wasn't already, we would transfer him carefully into the car seat. After the older boys fell asleep in the tent, and Jason and I were ready to go to bed, we would carry him in his car seat into the tent. Jason and I had separate beds (since the plan was to have me sleep in the van). I believe Jason had a cot and I had a pad. Jonah would sleep between us in his car seat, and when he woke in the middle of the night, I would bring him into my sleeping bed with me and let him nurse until he fell back asleep. He would stay with me in my bag for the remainder of the night. I was pleased with how things ended up. Sleeping with a baby in your sleeping bag is a little stressful, and your sleep isn't the deepest, but I felt good knowing he was warm and asleep.




On Monday night, after everyone set up, others began to arrive for an evening of dinner, bike rides, walks, Spike Ball, Ultimate Frisbee, s’mores, and fire chatting. Those who came for this visit were Great Grandma Arbon, Erin, Fa’a, Dylan, Aryana, and Tyson. It was a lot of fun!






We spent Tuesday playing and enjoying the campsite. We played games, fished, hiked to Donut Falls, played more games, and ate more s’mores and treats around the campfire.





more fishing with Dad

slippery fish











Charlie loved sitting with Bryan at his "cop station"






And just like that, it was Wednesday morning and we were packing up, heading for home. This year we decided that one full day (Tuesday) of camping just wasn’t enough, especially after all of the gear and packing and planning that is involved. We decided that next year we would shoot for three nights so we could have two full days.



a final fish kiss before hitting the road

No comments:

Post a Comment