Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year, it was my family's turn for Thanksgiving. We didn't follow the typical Thanksgiving routine with the extended Arbon family. My family decided to join my Grandma and Grandpa Rich in Idaho.

Remember that crazy blizzard that was supposed to hit Utah? Yeah, didn't really happen. I was actually kind of disappointed. One blessing though was the easy drive to Shelley, Idaho. There was only one ten mile stretch that caused us some icy-grief, but the rest was pretty smooth.

Here's a look at our holiday weekend with Grandma and Grandpa:

Thanks to the "some-what" storm, we had some nice snow and serious drifts to build snow caves







Had to get this picture of Bryan's "cave"....more of a rabbit hole.
 ...I had a good laugh...


...and of course, snow leads to snowball fights...





 We even developed our own steal the flag/snowball game


So bitter cold!

Food time:




I couldn't forget to mention Bryan's contribution to the weekend. As I've mentioned, he's always coming up with crazy ideas. When Jason and I arrived to join up with my family for the weekend, Bryan had prepared and posted signs everywhere, including schedules, his front desk (with his open hours), labeled rooms, a sign-up sheet for showers, etc. Take a look at what I mean:




Another successful Thanksgiving. Thanks family!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I love the shower list! I visit taught someone in my last ward from Shelley, ID. Small world:)

    ReplyDelete