Monday, October 14, 2019

Colson Stays with Grubers

While we were away on our cruise, Colson gets a post all his own containing the pictures of his fun-filled nine days.

dropping off our sweet little boy




Here is a page of notes that Nancy kept for us of sweet and funny things that Colson said and did while we were gone:


This is what it said:

"January 2018 while Colson stayed with us while Jason, Emily, and Charlie were on a Disney Cruise with the Arbons:

Very tender little boy his first night. He went to bed ok but then about 30 min later he was crying so I went into his bedroom. He said, "I want Mommy, I want Charlie, I want Daddy to come home. I so sad!" He repeated it several times as we chatted. We talked about how they would come home in a few days and how happy Grandpa and I are that he is visiting with us and we talked about all the fun things we will do tomorrow. Then he said, "Mommy say I have a big drink of water. So I gave him one and knelt beside him and stroked his hair while he fell asleep. It was so tender!

He pinched his finger and said, "I have to tell Mommy 'bout that." When something impressive happens he says that...

We were cleaning up the living room and he finished his part first and immediately asked me, "You need some help over there?"

"I want Mommy, Daddy, Charlie come home. Taking too long."

When he's upset about something... He says, "I so, so sad."

I told him he couldn't have any more root beer and he cried. I told him that's not something you need to cry about. His response, "You making me so sad."

He and George were playing something and George said, "I can't do that as well as you." Colson's response, "When you grow up you can do it."

Up in Riverton, Colson got to be the one to choose who said the prayers...he loved it and even pointed to himself."

I am so grateful to Nancy for putting this sweet little note together. It gives an amazing glimpse of what Colson was like at this time of his life and what he was up to while we were away. 

Grandpa's famous donut run!


Jason's cousin, Stacy, came for a visit



enjoying the gifts we left him




A trip to the Dinosaur Museum:

Time with Karl:


Kangaroo Zoo with April and Greta:

Time in Riverton for the weekend:

preschool at Aunt April's class


the cousins LOVED being together and Colson was spoiled!


exhausted at Saturday sports games

church

TWO donut runs!

helping Grandpa fix things

Needless to say, Colson was WELL cared for and was in heaven for the week! We are so thankful to family for taking him in and making it possible for us to go on this trip. I loved my time on the cruise and I love the time that Colson got to spend with family. A win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment