These pictures don't do it justice, but I'm telling you, the scenery made me feel like Bella Swan...Twilight anyone?
After some confusion and a walk around the city, we took a bus to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This bridge is pretty much a walk in the tree tops, some parts even reaching to 100 feet above ground. It was so pretty and quite a fun activity.
After you go over the main bridge, there are tons of little bridges that connect you through a large area of the forest. I'm telling you, these trees were HUGE! Some even had tree house type structures on them. I was just looking Capilano Suspension Bridge up on the internet and found that they actually light the whole place up for Christmas...BEAUTIFUL. I recommend looking it up if you get a chance. This is the site I was looking at http://www.capbridge.com/index.html; however, I bet the site won't keep the Christmas pictures up for too much longer.
After our visit to Vancouver, it was time to start heading back to the U.S. I should mention, on the way to Canada, the weather was awful! So cold and so windy! On the way back, to our surprise, there was lots of warm sun. We decided to take advantage of that and started laying out on the deck. Due to the previous awful weather, we didn't think much about sun block (we didn't anticipate the good weather lasting long). Needless to say, we all fried (well, mostly just me and Jason)!
(This picture was on a previous posting, but is the only one I have that shows our painful pink skin.)
And that pretty much sums up our trip. In memory of our cruise, I made a list of the top memorable moments - most are inside jokes, but enjoy:
Memorable Cruise Moments (in no particular order)
1. “Oh yeah, we have everything: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite…”
2. Luckiest Unlucky Break Down in Vegas
3. “Are you George Gruber’s son?”
4. Tow Driver of Filth
5. Swine Flu Let Down
6. Old Man Takes on the Curb
7. “Are we at Magic Mountain?”
8. Polish Line Cutter, “Oh I’m so sorry…”
9. Crinkled or Folded?
10. Slide in 9.83 seconds
11. To Slide or Not to Slide
12. Nertz 24/7
13. 10:30 pm Emily Knock Out
14. Carnival Entertainment…Indescribable
15. Winger Bean Bag Victory
16. Kaari, The Mini-Golf Champ
17. “Haappy Birthday to Youuuu…”
18. Fart Machine Man
19. Churros of Crap
20. “You don’t look 18…” Security Guards
21. Never-ending Ice Cream Supply
22. “Is that one scoop?”
23. Late Night Dancing Man
24. Friday Sun of Death
25. Igor? Iggy? Igidius? Who Knows?
26. Hills vs. A/C
27. Harry Potter vs. Gossip Girls
28. Linda, The Harry Man Lover
29. Ok, You’re Definitely Not Ricky Martin
30. Jack Sparrow, You’re Freaking Me Out!
31. Rainy Day at Butchart Gardens
32. The Best Song Never Played – Uptown Girl (singular)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask (and I'll try to remember what it meant, ha!)
Though Canada may not be the most exotic place to visit or even close to the top of your list, it is definitely worth at least one trip in your lifetime. It was definitely worth it for us!