Here is our June list of events:
1. Painting the Arbon's garage: While I was dreading and unhappy about the request to help with the garage painting, it turned out to be quite fun and very fulfilling. Thank goodness Jason was there...he's kind of a big deal when it comes to painting. He knows how to handle a brush! He seriously saved the day and made the process a lot quicker.
Notice: The door is cream color in this picture...since this picture, my mom painted it a deep red. It looks awesome.
2. Father's Day: Our first experience with an at-home Smoker. It was delicious!! My dad went to town, making pork shoulder, smoked chicken, beef brisket, ribs, you name it. It's a long process (requiring him to put meat in at 3 or 4 in the morning sometimes), but SO worth it! Some of the best meat I've ever had! We have one of those old yellow playhouses in the back yard that he keeps the smoker in....so cute...his own little Smokehouse! Since getting the smoker, my dad has made several feasts with it and it is always a treat and makes it feel like a special occasion.
3. Girl's Night Out: I had a girl's night out with the girls from Customer Marketing. So fun! We got dessert at Yogurtland and watched The Proposal at Brittany's house. Such a fun night.
4. Date night with Bri & Brad: I'm really close with my cousin, Bri, from Idaho; however, I hardly ever get to see her anymore. To our delight, they were in town one weekend for a business convention and so we met up for dinner at the amazing Rodizio Grill! It was especially fun because both Brad and Jason served their missions in Brazil. Just the kind of food they love!
5. Jaleah's Birthday Bash: A day at Seven Peaks and dinner at the Indian Palace.
6. Utah County Parade of Homes: Especially amazing homes this year!
7. Red Lobster: We had the pleasure of eating at Red Lobster, thanks to a gift card from work.
8. Date Night with Alisha & Kerstin: We had a fun FHE date at Alisha's house...we played Dance Central (I believe) on the Kinect. Such a hoot! Jason was especially good...too bad the video won't upload...it's hilarious!
9. Sheryl Crow Concert: Again, thanks to Vivint we were given four tickets to the Sheryl Crow Concert at the Butte Gardens in Salt Lake. Jaleah and Mark were able to come with us and we had a blast. Sheryl is dang good live! It was kind of funny...the crowd was full of drunk, middle-aged hippies. Quite a site.
We got there a little late, so not exactly the best view...However, we enjoyed our spot because we could lay down and enjoy the shade.
Mark & Jaleah
10. Date Night with Nate & Sarah: Watched Super 8, had pizza in the park, and enjoyed Coldstone.
11. Hiking in Provo Canyon: We don't do a whole lot of hiking...or anything physical for that matter, ha...but this was definitely a gorgeous and fun day.
Pictures of a whole lot of nothin'
12. Visits to our new favorite park: Timpanogos Park