Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Easter 2013

Did it totally confuse anyone else that Easter landed in March this year?!? I was totally bewildered! I can’t remember that ever happening before...I didn’t even know that was possible! Someone should have consulted with me before designating big holidays. I mean...really? Come on!


Oh well, I guess it is not the end of the world that Easter landed in March. Life goes on...though it may be difficult. This year I wanted to take advantage of the “new Easter dress” tradition. I don’t usually “cash in” on this holiday, but with it being Charlie’s first Easter, I really wanted him to look nice. Originally I wanted to find Charlie a really cute legit dress-suit outfit. I looked several places and could not find what I was looking for. There were dress-suits, but none in the right size. So I had to make due with what I could find and settle for a mix and match Sunday-best outfit. Overall, I think it turned out quite cute. And of course, with Charlie looking all snazzy, I wanted the whole family to look our best...so I “gave in” and got myself a new dress and Jason a couple new ties. I know, so difficult, right?




Our cute little Easter family

A closer look at Charlie's outfit

After church, we met up with the Gruber clan for a Thanksgiving-worthy Easter dinner. The Sunday meal was complete with turkey AND ham, among other delicious things. It was especially special (is that correct grammar?) because the Spencers were still in town, and we could share the holiday with them.




Jason surprised me with a special Easter gift: A pizza stone and recipe book. A couple months ago we started having a pizza and a movie night each week...so we have been making a lot of pizza! This was a perfect gift to bring our pizza-making up a notch.



Our first pizza using our new pizza stone and pizza book. I ordered special flour from Amazon and everything! Turned out yummy!



Our Easter decor:


Made by the hands of a young Jason Gruber


LOVE Easter candy!







No comments:

Post a Comment