Wednesday, August 24, 2016

March 2016 - Kim’s Shower and Easter

We had a cousin/aunt (on my Mom’s side) shower for Kim. Since the cousins live in Idaho, we had a weekend getaway in Wolf Creek. I rode up Friday night with my dad, and Jason stayed home with the boys. Again and again, I am reminded how much I appreciate Jason and how lucky I feel to have him in my life. All of the Rich-side cousins and aunts were there except for Joslyn, Arika, and Rachelle. It was really fun to see Kendra, Brooke, and Bri, and their kids. On Friday, we got to go hot tubing, had lots of good food and desserts, and chatted. Kim came the next day with Kyle.


Saturday morning, the Gruber family found out that Grandpa Banks passed away in the night. I was heartbroken. He started declining really quickly over the last week so we knew it was probably coming, but still it hit hard knowing that this amazing man was no longer with us. I ached to be with Jason. Jason spent the day running around like crazy trying to get things that his mom needed because she was already in California. He was also dealing with the two boys since I was in Wolf Creek. The shower wasn’t until that night, so I wasn’t able to leave. It was extremely nuts for Jason, but somehow he pulled through and was able to get Nancy the things she needed. Jason, Max, and Amy had bought airline tickets earlier Friday night for the next night to fly to California to visit Grandpa before he passed, but that all changed when just hours later he passed away. The boys were going to stay with April, since I didn’t get back until Sunday morning. Those flight plans were canceled after his passing since we would all be there next week for the upcoming funeral.


With all of this going on, I still tried to live in the moment with my cousins who had traveled for this weekend and to celebrate Kim’s upcoming wedding. Saturday we played racquetball and Speed. Kim’s shower was that night and was quite the production and party. It was a lot of fun. The rest of the night we just hung out together. On Sunday, we all went to church and then packed up and headed home. It was a fun weekend, but I was also glad to be home on Sunday to be back with Jason at this hard time. I will talk about the funeral in a separate, upcoming post.






Later in March we had another bridal shower for Kim, this time with the Arbon-side cousins. We had it at our house with chicken salad croissant sandwiches, veggie tray, chips, pineapple, and pie for Pi Day.



Speaking of showers, my Pleasant Grove friends got together for a mini baby shower for Kara. We had breakfast at Kneaders with Stacee, Kylie, and Kara. Over the past weeks, we had a good time getting together (causally and whenever convenient) to watch The Bachelor. It was a hoot.



The new Provo City Center Temple was dedicated. We went up to Draper and my parents watched the boys while Jason and I went to the dedication. Afterwards, we had a fun St. Patrick’s Day dinner and leprechaun hunt. Here are some pictures from St. Patrick's Day:



Charlie has started associating frosting cookies with holidays.






I met up with my high school friends, Kerstin and Alisha, for a fun blast from the past. We went to the Alta Drill Show. One of our old drill members is now the coach, so it was fun to go back and reminisce on old times. We would have gone to the good old Training Table to finish the night off right, but it was too late; it was closed! So we had dinner at Chili’s instead.



We had another holiday to celebrate in March. Easter! On Saturday, my cousin, Brooke Hill, invited me and the boys to a small Easter egg hunt. It was the perfect size for these little kids. Thanks to Brooke’s planning, each kid had their own color of egg to hunt for. It was really fun. On Sunday, we had Easter dinner with my family.

Easter pics:








And we may or may not have had a little fun with FaceSwap:



my favorite comment from Tyson to Bryan:
"You look so much better than me!"
my response:
"It's because it's your face!"


Here are some more pics from March:



March Flower update:

I was in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment