Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me

After having our car stolen from once, you would think we would have learned our lesson. I guess I should really say...you would think I would have learned MY lesson. Since I am the one who drives the Accord most of the time, I am most responsible for locking the car up at night. I have gotten into bad habits, leaving it unlocked during the day and at night. My excuse would be it is hard to lock it all up when I am getting Charlie and his gear out of the car. Since the car keyfob doesn’t lock all of the doors, some of them have to be locked manually...and my hands are full. For about two weeks, Jason’s iPod Touch was in the car. The night he was packing up for his next fishing trip, I went to go get the iPod out of the car and it was gone! It had lasted in there for two weeks without being stolen, but of course just before we take it out and bring it safely inside...it is taken! That was so disappointing! I was really frustrated with myself...and I can only imagine how frustrated Jason was feeling. He lost his iPod because of my negligence. Dang, I really need to step it up! I have made a re-dedicated effort to be sure to lock up the car at night.

Overall, 2013 has been quite a difficult and emotional year. It has been one of the best and most enjoyable years of my life, but there have also been some extremely personal family things happen this past year. There have been two family miscarriages, a surprising announcement of divorce, and another family member beginning to make choices that are contrary to the teachings of the church. There have been lots of tears, but these challenges have also brought us even closer together. I think these trials are faith-trying and faith-building for everyone. I have really appreciated the opportunities to talk these things out, pour out our feelings, and to connect on deeper levels. I love my family and the support we give one another. I feel like my eyes have been opened to a wider perspective of things of this world and the purpose of it. While I have moments of weakness and sadness, I also feel growing strength. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is true. I am thankful for His church, His sacrifice, His love, and His example. May we all strive to be more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment