Tuesday, October 27, 2015

August 2015 - Kim Stays While Jason is Gone

There were about ten days that my sister, Kim, was considered “homeless”. She is a student at BYU and in between semesters she had to move out of one apartment a week before her new apartment would let her move in. We worked it out so she could come stay with us while she worked in Provo and Pleasant Grove and waited until she could move into her new place. We blew up a giant air mattress in the family room that stayed inflated for the entire time she stayed with us.  Well, we came to realize that it would be the same week that Jason was going to be gone on his fishing trip to Canada. It was perfect! I would have some company while he was gone. Kim stayed from Sunday through the following Tuesday. Jason didn’t leave for Canada until the mid-Tuesday so he was able to see her for a couple of days.

On Sunday, before Jason left, we had Kim invite Kyle over for a night of treats and Settlers of Catan.

Kim had work every day, working two part time jobs; however, some mornings she was free, and some evenings she was free. Monday night, Camry joined Kim and I and we headed to Provo to try Bruges Waffles. They were amazing (we even got some fries, too)! We brought one home for Jason, and we also took one to Tyson because it was his birthday that week. When we got back, we watched some Lost (as Kim and Camry have been dedicated in finishing the series - they began before Kim even left on her mission).

Camry got The Monster...so good!

On Tuesday, Kim and I wanted to go shopping. Jason was working before he left on his trip, so I got a sitter for the boys for a couple of hours. It was fun, fast, and we found some good items. That afternoon, after Jason left, we went swimming at the Scera with Charlie and Colson. That night, Kyle came over to watch a movie with Kim.

On Wednesday, Kim came with me and the boys to the Curiosity Museum. She had never been, so I was really excited to show her. From there she headed to Draper for the night since she had an early morning dentist appointment there. That evening Amy came over and we grilled peaches with ice cream, watched ANTM and Project Runway, and painted our nails. Good times.

Little did I know that we would be back at the Curiosity Museum the next day! Kim had her dentist appointment and then work, so I wasn’t going to see her until late that night (she worked until ten). I got a call from the Gruber gang wanting to go to the museum, so we met up with them and had a great time. At least this time we stuck mainly to the outdoor section. We played hard and were exhausted by the end.

just loungin'

On Friday, we met up with Kim on campus for lunch. We spent some time walking around to see where all of her classes were going to be and then ate at the CougarEat. It is always fun to expose the offspring to the family university. I even taught Charlie to say, “BYU! Go Cougars!” So cute! Later that evening, Bryan came to cut our grass. He did a great job. Then Kim got home and Camry joined us as we went to dinner at Sweeto Burrito. After that, we came home and ate some ice cream and watched Lost. These days were such special moments to remember, to spend such quality time with my siblings!

Colson breaking in Charlie's 2nd year birthday swing - which Charlie never showed interest in until now

Watching Uncle Bryan mow the lawn

Camry ended up staying over that night. Kim had work early in the morning, so it was just us and Camry for a nice leisurely breakfast. We laid out for a little bit while Colson napped and enjoyed the warm sun. After Camry left, I took the boys to the park at Windsor Elementary to show Charlie where he would be going to school the following week. Such a big step!

I love seeing my boys in the swings together! Charlie is finally getting the courage!

On Sunday, before Jason returned from his trip, we headed to Draper for Tyson's family birthday dinner. Yay for more family time!

Next up, what Jason was up to during that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment