Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Leading up to Thanksgiving

The weekend of the final Twilight movie finally arrived! Breaking Dawn Part II. You know, I enjoyed being a part of the whole Twilight Saga. I read the books, and for the most part really enjoyed them. I went to all of the movies when they were in the theaters and enjoyed them. Of course, the movies leave something to be desired when it comes to acting, make-up, graphics, a new Edward, etc... but I enjoyed being a part of the event. I can’t say the story makes it even close to one my favorites, but again I enjoyed the Twilight ride.

My aunt Erin invited me to join her and her family for the opening night and I had a blast. This worked out great because that way Jason had a good reason to skip out (to watch Charlie). I had dragged him to the other movies, and he was relieved to catch a break. We were still “tending” Bryan at this time, so Jason stayed behind with Charlie and Bryan. They had a great time playing Monopoly and watching Oceans Twelve?...Thirteen?...I don’t know, one of those. 



Aryana and Dylan


I have to say, I really liked this one. Breaking Dawn Part I was definitely my least favorite of the movies (which was expected since it was my least favorite of the books), so I was really happy with the way Part II played out. If you haven’t seen it yet and have read the books, I would recommend it...it has a nice way of bringing the entire saga to a close. I just might get Jason to watch it with me when it come out on DVD.

Okay, moving on.

The following weekend was Thanksgiving weekend, so I had a lot of prepping to do. Since my parents were getting back November 17th, they only had a few days until Thanksgiving would arrive. With that in mind, and with the stress and sorrow my mom has been dealing with with the loss of both of her parents (and the time away it has required), the Arbon kids decided to “put on” Thanksgiving for my parents. My mom usually takes it all on, or we go to Grandma and Grandpa Arbons...so this was a first for me and all of my siblings. Anyways, to prepare...Nancy (my mother-in-law) offered to help me and teach me how to make homemade cranberry sauce and strawberry jam. It was such a fun little “date” that we got to share with each other. Both the sauce and jam are super easy! I am so glad she taught me, because otherwise I would always be intimidated and would never try it! Thank you, Nancy! They turned out great...so yummy! My family loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment