Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting into the Spirit of Christmas...

I think it's been a little while since I've updated my blog because I have been a little overwhelmed by the thought of summarizing and writing about the month of December and Christmas. I love the whole Christmas season so much I wanted to do it justice, but I think I'm to the point right now that I just need to get it over with.

To say the least, we were very excited to start the Christmas season off right. Christmas traditions are a big thing in my family and I couldn't wait for Jason and I to start our own.

Setting up our very first Christmas tree!


We were thrilled with this small pre-lit tree from Walmart!


It turned out to be perfect for our apartment.

For the first half of December, I played as Santa's little elf and surprised Jason with a fun Twelve Days of Christmas tribute. Each day I surprised Jason with a little something to get him excited for Christmas.



One of the days I made him a batch of Christmas cookies...which was also a first for us!




Too bad I'm not experienced with food coloring yet...PINK apparently is the new Christmas red!


I surprised him with other things like chocolate cinnamon bears, a car scraper, a favorite cinnamon roll breakfast, a massage...just to name a few. It was so fun sneaking around and surprising him with different things each day. I hope to continue that and to make that a tradition.

Another December event was celebrating Bryan's 11th birthday.





A tradition, that I'm sure will continue for as long as we live near Salt Lake, is going to see the lights. This year we went with my family, as well as with my Uncle Brad and my cousin Melina.









There's nothing quite like Temple Square at Christmas time!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love Christmas! And that was so sweet of Jason to get you a Camera.. now you have no excuse for not having a picture filled blog! We need to set up our march date!

    ReplyDelete